Looks really nice 🙂
You can find Google help here.
Questions to ask yourself
- Think about how customers are interacting with your brand or category when they are near one of your stores. What does having a smartphone allow them to do that they couldn’t before?
- How can you be there when people are looking for your business location? Or when they want to know the best places to connect with your brand?
- Are you incorporating user context into your ad messaging? For example, are you using location extensions or local inventory ads to show users relevant information about stores nearby?
- Are you delivering useful local information such as directions, inventory, and pricing when people land on your site or app? Even more importantly, does your site’s design make it easy for consumers to find this information quickly?
- Are you measuring the impact of digital online and off? Specifically, do you have a way to estimate or track how much store traffic results from digital interactions?
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
We first wrote these “10 things” when Google was just a few years old. From time to time we revisit this list to see if it still holds true. We hope it does – and you can hold us to that.