Youtube has its own analytics dashboard however it’s google analytics’s younger brother and there are fewer opportunities to create reports and to analyze data.
So, we have 2 google tools (youtube and google analytics) and one problem to be solved.
The question is: how to push data from youtube into GA?
The answer is very simple but before we do it, there is another important question: do we want to collect data from youtube in the same property of our GA account or we want to create new one? My answer was: I want new place where youtube data will be stored – it’s a way to avoid mistakes in analysis.
STEP 1: How to create new property in google analytics?
- log in to your google analytics account
- go to admin section
- choose account
- in property section click “Create new property“
- fill in the fields
- click “Get Tracking ID” to save
- copy tracking ID (UA-xxxxxxxx-x)
STEP 2: How to add tracking ID to youtube account?
- log in to your youtube account
- go to advance setting section
- in “Google Analytics property tracking ID” field just paste your new tracking ID
More or less after 24 hours your youtube data will appear in GA account.